Friday 5th March 2021

Today’s Live Session 11AM

Today’s Live Zoom Subject: English

Today’s independent work will be to write about what you have done during lockdown. I would like you to do this on your own. As it will allow me to see your great writing so that I can give you a big ‘well done’ and also see what you may need a bit more practise with.

Today’s live lesson will remind us of the things we have covered during our live lessons so that you can aim to include them in your writing today!

There will also be a game or two with it being our (hopefully!) last ever day of home learning!

Early Bird Maths

We begin each day with ‘Early Bird Maths’. It is to support children in becoming more fluent with aspects of maths that we have learnt. Similar ideas are repeated so that children become familiar with the four basic calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).

Please see below for answers to Thursday’s Early Bird. Please self-mark your answers.

PE (9:30 – 10:00)

Please find below the link to Harrogate Town AFC’s live workout. It will take place every Friday at 9:30am. If you would like to take a picture of yourself taking part, please send it to me to pass on to Harrogate Town AFC. They will give out prizes each week for their favourite photographs!

https://youtu.be/C7gpa9mA1ug

Whole Class Reading (WCR)

To practise our reading; becoming more fluent and increasing our understanding, we take part in WCR daily. Our objective this term is to retrieve information from a text and record it through writing. This is tricky stuff so there will be lots of opportunities to practise this. As well, there will be a daily challenge to come up with your own questions.

Have a go at the attached, read the text and answer the questions about this piece of text. Then, can you think of any other questions you could ask?

Maths

Follow the instructions below and complete the worksheet[s].

Before choosing a maths activity from the links below, think about how you feel about the topic. Are you feeling green, orange or red?

I am feeling red: This is okay! It just means you need some more practise. Have a go at the 1 star challenge. If you can do this and think you could try the 2 star then have a go at that, too!

I am feeling orange: This is okay! It just means you need a little more practise. Have a go at the 2 star challenge. If you can do this and think you could try the 3 star then have a go at that, too!

I am feeling green: Great! I’m glad you feel that you understand the topic. Have a go at the 3 star challenge!

Watch the video below entitled “Draw 2D shapes” via the below link. Listen to the narrator. He will ask you some questions, pause the video when asked and have a go yourself!

https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-2/spring-week-7-geometry-properties-of-shapes/

Friday’s Arithmetic Quiz

Today’s arithmetic quiz is the only piece of maths work that I require submitting.

Every week we complete an arithmetic quiz. It is important that you do this on your own without help from anybody else so I can track progress over the weeks and spot any gaps in learning or questions that children have found hard, so I can go over these in our maths lessons.

Please ask an adult to mark your arithmetic quiz when complete and send to me at r.place@meadowsideacademy.org

Please see the quiz in the file below:

English

Check out today’s live zoom lesson at 11AM.

L.O. Assessing learning over lockdown

Today, I would like you to work by yourself (without an adult), to tell me about what you have got up to whilst you have been at home.

Please try your best!

I would like at least five sentences from everyone (more if you can!)

Try to include lots of the things you have learnt whilst learning at home:

Time connectives (Next, After that, Before bedtime..)

Conjunctions (and/because/so/when)

Capital letters

Full stops

Exclamation marks

Your neatest handwriting (as always)

Example starter:

This lockdown I have really enjoyed…

Please bring this piece of work to school on Monday along with this weeks PSHE work.

Big Idea

L.O. Movement

Have a go at these fun music dance videos and get yourself up and moving!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhfkYzUwYFk

Forest School Learning

Follow the link below for some Forest School Learning!
https://meadowsideforestschools.edublogs.org/2021/03/01/home-learning-mapping-and-treasure-hunting-01-03-21/

Login details have now been sent to everyone via email for TT Rockstars, Phonics Play, Rising Stars and Charanga Yumu.

Please log in and use these resources regularly. You can use the links below to be directed to the websites.

• TT Rockstars: practice your 2, 5 and 10 timetables.
  • Phonics Play: practice your phonics.
  • Rising Stars: enjoy a book. Please select books which match your current book band in your login detail email. A separate email has also been sent with the Centre ID as some people were having difficulty logging on with only their username and password.
  • Charanga: complete your music assignments.